Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Expect Great Things

I've been reading a lot lately about the power of Prayer. I have to be honest, I've never been a real consistent "Prayer Warrior". It's an area of my spiritual walk that I constantly have to work on. Now don't get me wrong, I talk with God on a daily basis but I've never been good at praying very specific prayers on a consistent basis and watching what God does.

Last week we had our staff and leadership team pray some very specific prayers for the launch of our new message series, 'til Death. It was awesome to see God work in some big ways this past weekend.

We had 4 people make decisions for Christ, we had the largest attendance of the year and the largest offering in 11 weeks. God heard our specific prayers and answered them in a big way.

It was very convicting for me. How many times have I missed opportunities because I didn't pray consistent, specific prayers with the expectation that our Great God was going to do Great things?

I want to encourage you to pray big prayers with me, expect our big God to do big things and then step forward with Him as we watch and experience all He has in store for us.

No comments: