Friday, March 09, 2007

Reflections On The Day

Well, it's been a long 24-36 hours.

First, I'd like to give a big shout out to David, Donna and Amber for opening up your home to Jennifer and I last night. Donna, dinner was great and it was awesome to catch up with you. David, you've got a great family. Amber, thanks for giving up your room.

Second, I want to thank everyone who has been praying for Jennifer today. She's home and resting well.

Third, I want to thank our Connecting Point. They're going to bring us dinner the next couple of days and I'm so grateful.

As for me, I'm trying to put my thoughts together. How anyone can say that we are accidents and that we evolved from some "lesser state" or some "big bang" needs to have their head examined. Let me just clear things up. We were "created" by an Almighty God who is more creative and complex than we can possibly imagine. In fact, he created us so complex that after a couple thousand years of medical research and advancement, we still have not even scratched the surface of understanding about how our bodies actually function. Now, don't get me wrong. I believe the marvels of modern medicine are unbelievable. I mean, they inserted tubes into Jennifer's legs, manipulated them up into her heart and completely controlled her heart beat. They made it skip beats and increase and slow down. However, they can't really explain why her heart is "short circuiting" or if the new medication will actually solve the problem. As I said, my God is more creative and complex that we can possibly imagine.

Here are some random thoughts running through my head tonight.
  • Stress can do some terrible things to your body. . . Relax!
  • Connecting Points (Small Groups) living and supporting each other in true, authentic, Acts 2 community are awesome . . . Get in one!
  • Hospital waiting rooms are not very comfortable . . . Avoid them if you can!
  • Hospital cafeterias are expensive and not very good . . . Avoid them if you can!
  • Starbucks cafe' Verona is great coffee . . . Enjoy it if you can!
  • Life is short . . . Don't complicate it with stupid people!
  • Love God and Love Others . . . The rest will take care of itself!
  • My wife is an amazing woman . . . Get to know her if you can!
  • Starbucks cafe' Verona is great coffee . . . Enjoy it if you can!
  • I work with a great staff at The Carpenter's . . . Encourage them often!
  • Traffic in Philadelphia at 4:30 pm is not fun . . . Avoid it if you can!
  • God is awesome and always takes care of His people . . . Know Him today!
  • The human body is absolutely amazing . . . Take care of yours!
  • Starbucks cafe' Verona is great coffee . . . Enjoy it often!
  • Make plans to be at The Carpenter's on Sunday morning . . . It could just rock your world!
  • Be nice to your nurse . . . She's got the needle!
Random thoughts . . . Maybe I'll connect the dots in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned.

No comments: