Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Be Encouraged!

The other day I received a Google Chat message from a friend of mine. He wanted to reach out to me and encourage me in our ministry here at NewSpective Church. While I won't go into his entire message, one of the things he said was:
We don't often get to hear from people that we are doing things right, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you are doing things right. It takes a remarkable individual to be sensitive to what is culturally relevant and biblically inspired to set tone, environment, and message.
The reason I'm telling you this is that I agree with the encourager's perspective. We don't often hear from people that we are doing things right. We don't often get encouraged and told that we are making a difference.

So, I wanted to take a moment and give a shout out to our entire NewSpective Church family. People, you're doing it right. God is blessing NewSpective by preparing our fields for His harvest. Some of you, in your last ministry post, were simply attenders. You went to the service and went home. Today, you are pulling the trailer, setting up equipment, doing administrative work, teaching NewKids, running cables, arriving early, staying late, playing music, handing out worship guides and much more. In short, you're doing a great job! I'm proud to be your pastor and pray that God will continue to use this church to reach and impact the Lehigh Valley for Christ.

Be Encouraged! God is Good!

G3,

No comments: