Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

As many of you know, Jennifer and I got away for a long weekend. We went to Cape May, NJ and spent 4 days and 3 nights in stress less bliss. Here's some random thoughts from the weekend.
  • I love my wife!!!
  • It's important to get away and recharge: Recharge your personal life, your walk with God, your relationship with your spouse and recharge your own purpose.
  • Yes, I actually went on the beach. Sand stuck to me like glue. However, please refer to thought number one above. :-)
  • The little shops in Cape May were fun. All of them weren't open but we did make a purchase at "Whales Tales." (How cool is that!)
  • When you view a beautiful sunset live, it really makes you appreciate the amazing creation that God put all around us.
  • The view from the hotel was simply awesome. Clear shot to the ocean.
  • I've never done a wine tasting before. I guess I never realized how many different subtleties there are in wine flavors and aromas.
  • Sitting on the beach, listening to music, reading "Pop Goes The Church" and hanging out with my wife . . . Priceless!
  • I am no competition for Jennifer when it comes to 500 rummy. She kicked my butt . . . TWICE!!!
  • When are they going to get one of these restaurants in the Lehigh Valley?
  • Why is it so hard to follow directions backward? Left is right and right is left, North is South and South is North.
  • The iPhone is amazing. The only technology I brought on the trip and the only technology I needed. Full web, maps, email; what more could a man need?
  • Returned home last night and capped the weekend off by taking about 17 people from NewSpective to experience a worship service at Liquid. Wow, Tim and his team do an amazing job. Set up starts at 4:45am and take down ends at 9:00pm. They are reaching their community and extending around the world. We spent a little more than an hour with Tim and Mike after the service. They were so encouraging and gracious. (More about Liquid in a future post)
All in all this was a great weekend from start to finish. God is Good. He's truly blessed me and my family and I'm grateful that He allows me to be a part of His plan.

G3,

No comments: