Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Random Thoughts

Every once in a while I list some current thoughts running around in my head. They're in no particular order or on any given topic. Simply some thoughts:

  • I hate doing my taxes. I know I have 7 more days to finish them but I thought I'd beat the rush and finish them up tonight. Turbo Tax is your friend.
  • I worked from home today. I got a lot done without any distractions.
  • God is solidifying, in me, the vision He has for NewSpective Church. I believe He has some great big things in store for this church.
  • I heard a quote tonight on American Idol. One of the contestants said, "if you're going to dream, dream BIG." We've all heard it before but it's great to be reminded of it. I think God wants us to dream BIG dreams, pray BIG prayers and expect God to do BIG things.
  • I love the reaction I get from people when I tell them I'm a Pastor.
  • Had my teeth cleaned today. They feel all smooth and shiny. :-)
  • The book of James has been kicking my butt recently. I can't seem to get this passage out of my mind. Is "the church" simply hearing the Word or are we putting into practice? Are we "being" the church or simply "doing" church.
  • I heard that this church had over 600 people in church on Easter Sunday. Praise God. With over 213,000 people in Northampton County, that don't know Christ, we need every church in the area to be knocking it out of the park.
  • Had a good conversation with a friend of mine tonight. God's stirring up some big things in his heart and I'm excited to see where God leads.
  • Jennifer and I are planning a little "getaway" in a couple of weeks. I love spending time with her and I'm looking forward to a little break.
  • With over 3,000,000 square feet of commercial property for lease in Northampton County, why is it so hard to find 5,000 that's affordable?
Well, there you have it. Some of my thoughts.

Kinda scary, huh?

G3,

No comments: