Thursday, January 24, 2008

Focus

A couple of weeks ago, our Connecting Point started a study on the book of Romans. Let me say that the book of Romans is Not for the faint at heart. Paul starts out nice and quickly gets all up in the grill of the people and specifically the Jews in Rome.

Last week as we were discussing the end of Chapter 1 and then Chapter 2. We talked about judging others. We talked about what happens if people know Christ and yet don't live like they do. We also talked about those people who God abandon. It's been a good study so far and I believe it will continue to be.

However, yesterday I heard a message from Perry at NewSpring and he made a statement that really stuck in my head. He said,
"Christians are way too obsessed with the behavior of people who don't know Christ."
It continued to solidify the fact that our job is to connect people with God through life in Christ. We can't expect people who are far from Christ to act like they know Him. Especialy when those who claim to know Him don't act like they do. Our job is not to be judge and jury. We, "the Church" and specifically NewSpective Church needs to stay focused on Connecting People with God and Friends. That's our job. Love God and Love Others. As we connect people with God and Friends, the Holy Spirit will convict people and take care of their sin.

Just a Thought!

G3,

1 comment:

Dawniev said...

Steven, I applaud you and NewSpective Church for taking this public stance. I've been so fortunate to learn of God's amazing love through trusting Him and sharing His Word with those who are feeling so condemned by others. Our God loves those who feel unlovable. He loves us, you and me, completely! And, trust me; I know I've done some things to make me unlovable. Keep up the great work.. I hope NewSpective Church offers you the opportunity to touch the hearts and lives of many! I believe in my heart you will!