Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Monday Night Mind Dump

OK, so my title is a bit deceptive. I've titled this post, "Monday Night Mind Dump" but really . . . it's currently Tuesday morning about 1:30am. Yes, I just walked in the door at Tally's house and I'm getting ready to turn in. Here are some thoughts from the first full day at Chesapeake 07 with Ignite Students.

  • I love working with Adults.
  • Buying food for 50 people, to eat 10+ meals, takes a lot of time, two very full large Sam's club carts and a lot of money.
  • Today we distributed hundreds of door hangers to promote a "party in the park" tomorrow afternoon and Saturday afternoon. The student's did a great job, stayed together, didn't get lost and there were no cops involved at all.
  • I love working with Adults
  • I'm not the best drummer on the planet but I'm better than nothing.
  • I found out today that there were 3 decisions for Christ Sunday morning at The Carpenter's. Way to go God!!!!!!
  • Starbucks Coffee is a requirement on any Student Ministry Trip. In fact it should be one of the only requirements. I mean, it needs to be #1 on the list of things to have.
  • We worked at a house in Norfolk today doing some work and preparing to do a full day of work on Thursday. It's amazing to me, the way some people live. We have been blessed with so much and there are so many people who live with so little.
  • Relationships are starting to form between our students and those from Focal Point Church, Corpus Cristi, TX. It's kind of cool to see the interaction and see people start to connect as they server together. It's like watching the Body of Christ work.
  • People had some strange looks for us as we left Sam's Club today.
  • I love working with Adults!
  • Headache remedy #1: Take 2 ibuprofen, with 2 slices of pizza and a large coke. Wait about 1 hour and your good as new. Oh, did I mention that it helps to have an empty van too.
  • Wednesday is going to be a long day. Leaving at 6:00am, travel to D.C., distribute literature for Reston Community Church, watch the fireworks on the mall in D.C. and then travel 3 hours home.
  • I love working with Adults!
  • Tim's going to do a great job leading worship at The Carpenter's this weekend. Invite your friends as we launch "Chase the Lion".
  • It's time for bed. I'm starting to retype almost everything I type or you won't even be able to tell what I'm trying to say.
Have great week and check back often as I'll try to keep you posted.

G3

No comments: